Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dessert | Pear Tarts With Peach Glaze

Sorry! To anyone that reads this blog... I have been beyond busy. My life recently took a turn for the awesome and I am happy to report that I have an amazing new job that I love. Love! I've been waking up excited to go to the office since the day I started. Freelancing on top of quitting my previous job to start a new one the very next day - literally - has definitely put my blog on the back burner. Not by choice! I guess the excuse can be the holidays seeing as I haven't posted since Thanksgiving. I'm easing back in to it with a delightful and super easy pear tart recipe I saw on Taste Spotting recently.

PEAR TARTS WITH PEACH GLAZE

6 rectangular puff pastry sheets measuring roughly 3"x4"
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 pears, skin removed, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons peach jam
2 tablespoons water

1  |  Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toss the pear slices in the lemon juice and sugar. Add more sugar if needed. Set aside.

2  |  Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper with butter. Place one pastry rectangle on the baking tray. With a sharp knife, lightly slice the tops - do not slice all the way through on the pastry sheet - about 1/2" away from the four edges, creating a kind of 'frame' on the pastry. Brush the insides of the frame with the butter: the space where you will be placing the nectarine slices.

3  |  Arrange the slices on top. Repeat with the remaining pastry rectangles or until your pear slices have been used up. Brush the sides of the pastries with the egg wash. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

4  |  While the tarts are baking, prepare the glaze by bringing the jam and water to a boil. Run the mixture through a sieve and allow to cool. When the tarts are out of the oven, lightly brush the tops of the pears with the glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment