Thursday, August 4, 2011

Design | Malika Favre


Malika Favre is a French graphic artist living in London. My first recollection of Malika's work was the Wallpaper Pin-ups Alphabet commissioned by Wallpaper for their Sex and Art issue. Her blend of stylized vector work and typography is pretty flawless and incredibly sexy. 

This is another project for Wallpaper, commissioned for their November issue.

Being a designer I have an idea of what goes in to making these sleek illustrations and in theory it seems approachable and as if I would easily be able to recreate something similar, but the truth is that although I technically know how to illustrate it is like pulling teeth for me. I get frustrated when I draw and I tend to put so much emphasis on it being perfect that I often end up a big ol' basket case. Malika's graphic style has given me a knew found hope and desire to try my hand at vector design from here on out. 

Check out some of my other favorites from this very talented woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment