Saturday, May 14, 2011

Design | Alvhem Mäkleri & Interiör

I was catching up on Desire to Inspire - an interior design blog I check from time to time - when I came across a feature they did on Swedish based real estate company Alvhem Mäkleri & Interiör. I'm interested in showing design in all of it's many beautiful forms on Design & Dishes, so I'm excited to finally be posting a bit of decor, if you will.


I live in a pretty classic San Francisco Edwardian flat so I've become somewhat accustomed to dark wood being everywhere; including, but not limited to: the floors, walls and ceilings! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the history and rich craftsmanship of my apartment, but sometimes it can be like living in an old boat.


The amount of light in the materials and surfaces in this apartment and/or condo is so refreshing! It's also unbelievably Swedish, which I mean in the best way possible. Like all of Alvhem Mäkleri & Interiör's work, this space is beautiful and modern without feeling cold or uninviting. You can find more pictures of this charming space at Desire to Inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment