Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Drink | Mango Cooler

So I've been wanting to do this for awhile... I'm starting a new section for the blog: Drinks! I had a blast making dinner for some friends last night - which I will be posting shortly - but I have to say the cocktail was everyone's favorite part, including mine!

The new Bon Appétit with Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover has some fantastic Spring recipes, including Paltrow's delicious Peach Cooler, which is a spin on a Pimm's Cup, a cocktail from her adopted hometown of London. I decided to throw my own spin on it by substituting peach for mango.

MANGO COOLER  |  Recipe inspired by Bon Appétit June 2011

2 ripe mangos, peeled, cut into 1/2in. wedges
6 tablespoons mango juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup vodka
1 English hothouse cucumber
2 cups chilled Prosecco
1 1/2 cups chilled soda water
12 fresh mint leaves


1  |  Using a wooden spoon, mash mangos with juice and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Stir in vodka (can be made 4 hours ahead). Cover and chill.

2  |  Cut 1/3 of cucumber lengthwise into 4 spears for garnish. Thinly slice remaining cucumber. Stir Prosecco, soda water, mint, and sliced cucumber into pitcher. Fill glasses with ice. Pour cooler into glasses; garnish with cucumber spear and mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment