Friday, May 13, 2011

Dish | Spicy Roasted Broccoli & Shrimp

I had recently come across this recipe on another blog and I feel terrible but I can't seem to remember where it came from. Luckily, this dish is so fantastically easy that I was able to remember it after one read (I hope). I think it'll be one of those lazy day meals I'll crave for years to come. You might need to pick up a spice or two, but I think this could be made with a variety of common spices (just use whatever you have that has a ton of spice/flavor). I merely went to the store to buy shrimp, broccoli and some fresh lemons.

SPICY ROASTED BROCCOLI & SHRIMP  |  *Recipe inspired by a fantastic chef I would like to give credit to

1.5 pounds large raw Shrimp, shelled and deveined
2-3 good sized heads of Broccoli
5 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
2 teaspoon course Sea Salt
2 teaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1 teaspoon ground Coriander
2 Lemons: 1 for zesting and 1 cut into quarters

1  |  Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl combine the Broccoli with 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Salt and 1 teaspoon Pepper, Cumin, Coriander and 1 teaspoon of Chili Flakes. In a separate bowl, combine the shrimp with the remaining Salt and Pepper, Chili Flakes, Olive Oil and the Lemon zest.

2  |  Place the Broccoli on a cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Add the Shrimp and cook for 10 more minutes being sure to turn it once to cook evenly. Remove from the oven when the Broccoli is done but firm and the Shrimp are roasted and pink

I would definitely recommend serving this dish quickly after taking it out of the oven. We ate our Shrimp & Broccoli on a bed of jasmine rice served with a Lemon wedge which is a must! We cheated a bit and got jasmine rice to go from Domo Sushi, but it's just so easy when it's across the street from your house! This should easily serve 3-4 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment